Going to school to become an Emergency Medical Technician or and Advanced Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic can often seem like a long and arduous process. Unfortunately, not everything that should be taught can be taught for no other reason than time constraints.
My ebook 25 Things They Should Have Taught You In Medic School… But Didn’t looks to address some of the things that just can’t be covered in class, but really should be. The book includes chapters on things every Medic, whether just thinking about signing up for class or graduated way back when, needs to know:
- Certification Doesn’t Matter, We’re All Medics
- Working EMS Does Not Grant You Authority
- We Are The Emergency Medical Services
- Respect Not Included
- Working In EMS Is Physically Demanding
- It’s Not All About Emergencies
- Working In EMS Means Working Odd Hours
- Pack Your Lunch
- Working In EMS Is Not Glorious
- EMS Doesn’t Save Lives
- Many Of Your Patients Will Not Want To Be Saved
- Patient Care Is Not What Medic School Teaches You
- Communication Is The Most Important Skill To Practice
- EMS Is A Team Effort, Not A One Man Show
- Call Reports Don’t Come With Spellcheck
- Regulations Often Dictate Floors Not Ceilings
- EMS Is A Dangerous Job
- Medics Only Think Medics Are Funny
- You DO Drive The Ambulance
- The Blueberry Muffin Protocol
- Animals Help People Too
- Graduation Is Not The End Of Education
- Working In EMS Will Not Make You Financially Rich
- The Rewards Are Greater Than The Paycheck
- EMS Changes Lives
- BONUS #26: Avoid Social Media Pitfalls!!!
Don’t own a Kindle reading device? No problem! Kindle reading software is available FREE for smartphones, tablets, desktops, and laptop computers! This allows you to read great Kindle content, including my ebook 25 Things They Should Have Taught You In Medic School… But Didn’t on any device you already own!
Don’t wait to discover the convenience and joy of Kindle books,download your FREE reader software today!