First of all, Happy New Year! I hope you brought last year to a close and welcomed this year with open arms in a safe and warm place. As is customary and tradition, let’s take a look back at the Top 10 Posts of 2013 on TheSocialMedic.net.
- Failure To Act Charges Against Coffee Swilling FDNY Dispatcher Dismissed Thanks To Chief’s Change Of Heart – Published June 26, 2013 – 1,553 views
- What I Really Do Meme For EMS – Published February 17, 2012 – 1,301 views
- Ellenville EMT Suspension Causes Public Uproar And Illustrates The Lack Of Discipline Policy For Volunteer Agencies – Published December 29, 2013 – 1,145 views
- When Oxygen Tanks Explode – Published January 2, 2011 – 797 views
- EMT Ranked #96 Top 200 Jobs By Careercast.com For 2013 – Published December 30, 2013 – 665 views
- CareerCast.com Ranks EMT In The Top 10 Worst Jobs Of 2011 – Published on January 9, 2012 – 601 views
- The Disclaimer And The Disclosure – Published January 24, 2011 – 527 views
- FDNY Commissioner’s Son Reveals Crappy FDNY Culture Via Twitter – Published March 18, 2013 – 480 views
- Do you Wonder How Many FDNY Dispatchers It Takes To Dispatch An Ambulance? – Published December 20, 2010 – 254 views
- FDNY EMT Melissa Jackson Is Playing The Blame Game – Published December 15, 2010 – 248 views
We’re still seeing some repeaters from both The Top 10 Posts From TheSocialMedic.net For 2012 and The Top 10 Posts From TheSocialMedic.net For 2011 on this list, which again I believe is both a testament to both the power of the search engine and the investment in content paying its dividends in the long tail.
Undoubtedly someone will note, as I have, that the views for 2013 seem more along the lines of 2011 than 2012. There are two big reasons for that.
The first is that I really have not blogged nearly as much as I have wanted to or should have. Fresh content is like water to blogs, which is why you so often see them churn out syndicated or what may seem like half-hearted content. I’m a fan of neither. I also don’t like to find new ways to repeat myself… although if I think I’ve been ineffective in communicating a message one way, then that would be a good reason to do so.
The second reason will be covered in a post coming soon about what 2014 holds for us in general, and it will become apparent why these numbers look as they do… or maybe not. Only 2014 will tell….