It’s been a full calendar year that I’ve been blogging over here. This blog is a bit different than others I have worked on, in that it’s geared towards a very narrow niche. Like the other blogs after a calendar year, it’s good to look back and see what was a hit and what wasn’t so… here are the Top 10 Posts From TheSocialMedic.net For 2011:
- FDNY Chief Of EMS John Peruggia Forced Out – Published 01/06/2011 with 1,357 pageviews
- How John Peruggia Was Sold Out By The Incompetence Of John Doherty And Joe Bruno – Published 02/16/2011 with 1,154 pageviews
- When Oxygen Tanks Explode – Published 01/02/2011 with 700 pageviews
- EMT Accepts Responsibility For Ghoulish Facebook Photo – Published 12/16/2010 with 698 pageviews
- #EMSWorldExpo: The Only 12-Lead ECG App You’ll Ever Need – Published 09/07/2011 with 554 pageviews
- Do You Wonder How Many FDNY Dispatchers It Takes To Dispatch An Ambulance? – Published 12/20/2010 with 514 pageviews
- FDNY EMT Melissa Jackson Is Playing The Blame Game – Published 12/15/10 with 486 pageviews
- The Healthcare Blogger Code of Ethics and HIPAA – Published 02/03/11 with 471 pageviews
- Posts Tagged With “Social Media“ – Published continuously with 456 pageviews
- Remembering Yamel Merino – Published 09/11/10 with 422 pageviews
As with all things, there’s something to learn from this list…
5 Things This List Tells Me
Here are 5 things this list tells me about my posts:
- My raging FDNY posts are the most popular – this shouldn’t be too much of a surprise, because I do live in NYC and so I have a larger network there than anywhere else in the country so those stories appeal to them. Plus… I rage. Which of course is something I preach against. Go figure.
- People like explosions – this also shouldn’t be too much of a surprise. The Expendables trounced Eat, Pray, Love at the box office which proves that action will overcome self-discovery pretty much any day of the week.
- 2010 was a good year – or perhaps more accurately this is a sign of the “Long Tail” in action.
- I go off topic quite a bit – yeah, I need to work on that.
- Tags and categories are important – and it’s important to use them correctly. Future on topic blog fodder.
Raging Off Topic Portion
I have to be honest here for a second because I saw this quite a few times and it was bothering the heck out of me right through midnight. I don’t understand why people post their supposedly statistically based “Top (INSERT BLANK) of (INSERT YEAR)” before that year is actually up. Believe it or not, December 26-31 are all actually part of that year.
Happy 2012 And THANK YOU For Reading!!!